Sunday, April 15, 2007

Poetry in Motion

This is a poem I wrote about a year ago. Its one of my favorites and I wanted to share it. Its about being in love with someone that you will never get over, but then again, maybe they were never deserving of that love to begin with.....


Oh my dear sweet boy, tapped me on the shoulder again,

I must of been brave to let you in.....

I could of danced with a thousand sailors,

beautiful boys dressed in white,

but I would just keep circling around,

until I had you in my sight.

You always stood so far away,

so many pretty girls by your side,

they will never posess the love I could give,

maybe I failed, but at least I tried.

I waited for you along the shore,

only to have the tide wash me away,

but Im still alive beneath the waves,

under your reflection is where I 'll lay.

Ive begged myself to leave this alone,

but its so hard when Im loving you still,

I wish I could leave it all behind,

but I know I never will..........

12 comments:

Sara said...

what a great write you are! i'd say sailor boy is the loser.

AidyEightKeys said...

haha, thanks Sara, and Id say your right!

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Aid, without a doubt, your deserve the very best -- poor ole sailor boy just doesn't realize it! His loss!

Margie said...

he's a jerk, God has someone awesome just waiting for you. great poem, I have felt that way too...

AidyEightKeys said...

Thank you Aunt Arlene, and Margie, and I know your both right. I know God has someone out there for me, I just wish he would speed up the process!

Pat said...

You may never forget that love, but the memory of it will become painless..and that's all we need.

Sara said...

hey, get back over here and blog you freak! and i say that with great love.

Margie said...

are you on tour somewhere playing the piano?

Arlene - BY HIS STRIPES!!! said...

Aid,

It is time to blog again....where are you?

Becky said...

visiting from sara!

Terry said...

Dear Aid..
Hi I just came from Arlene's to see who this girl was that everybody was wishing a happy birthday.
I just noticed after almost two days that Arlene has your name at the top of her favorite links, so you must be somebody real special!!

I hope to see you at Arelenes one of these days.
You know it was just like a birthday party there except the guest of honor, the Birthday Girl was missing!
Way too sad!....from Terry[Teresa] the Canadiand blogger

Margie said...

so... we know you are out there, where is a post?